Sunday, August 26, 2007

Road alone!

25 th of August would have been a day I guessed I would not and could not have forgotten..not in near future!For on this day, I ventured out to the streets of Orchard road and Suntec City all alone by myself..
Perhaps one might not know but being the only child, I am haunted by loneliness throughout my life..the longing to have siblings, preferrably a big brother who will look out for me..
I am scare to go out all alone, fear of being isolated, fear of being lonesome..
I remembered a friend's words that we are being brought into this world alone and when we leave this world we will have to go alone..unless of course you are born with your twins or triplets..but departure wise, one would have to leave alone..
True are his words but perhaps being such the case, we need friends, loved ones while our stay here on this earth! Of course, usually where relationships are concerned, one can't force or intentionally construct them..and I aint that desperate to drop to such low standard to get them..

Oh well, being all alone on the road was not that bad I used to think it was..those things I have taken for granted in the past while walking on the streets, it was only yesterday that I realise what I have been missing out:
1. There are so many couples out there, most of whom the guys are the clingy ones to their girlfriends..so many cuddling, loving ..cooing..ooooo..
lucky are the girlfriends..
2.The very few ones out there alone on the street are the guys..think girls tend to have more tendency not to go alone or go either with girlfriends or boyfriend
3.When going alone, the roads seem longer to walk and bigger to fill up the space..hee

Of course I can't help feeling self conscious about my loneliness..A little sad and a little unhappy..but I guess if I were to learn to be independent, this would be the very first step I would have to take..
Oh well..my my my Dilobear indeed is growing..learning to be indepent!
YEH!

2 comments:

Soe Moe said...

Congratulations that you are learning to be independent and obviously you are achieving Wei... I sincerely hope you'll find your brother bear (your soul mate who will take care of you as a big brother)in the near future. I'm sure you'll overcome your loneliness very soon. May you be happy forever. . .

Alvin S. C. Lee said...

Alone in the dark?

She seems alone in the day too... read her melancholic post... hope my complementary poem stikes a wisdom chord for both of you.