Thursday, August 9, 2007

Largest Human Singapore flag

I was one of those 10, 000 participants from Young NTUC to form the largest Human Singapore flag at the Padang to celebrate Singapore's 42nd birthday.! And all the participants will eventually rewarded with an entry into the Singapore Book of Records 2008.

The day started with the afterbath of a short rain in the morning.
And throughout the day, it seemed like it was going to rain again..oh O..
However, as afternoon approached, it was sun shiny once more..

Indeed, it has been both fun, noisy, sweaty, hotty and memorable event for me! Although I didn't get to see the actual parade at Marina, I guess it was not such a bad idea afterall to be able to celebrate the nation's birthday at Padan!


One would never have guess how many people were ..even at Padan alone..Coz almost the two football fields were filled up with people..streams and rows and groups of them, that was if you were not to count the participants! Wow! simply took my breath away..i mean..simply nearly made me lose my breath coz there were so so so many people..

But I bet it was worth making a trip down for the fireworks (at 8.15pm)were longer than the usual 10 mins (with 2 intervals within a couple of mins)and the incentives in the goodie bags was really a plus indeed!

No comments: