Sunday, November 18, 2007

Aa OPEN L E T T E R To S-M-O-K-E-R-S

Illustrated is the forwarded mail which I would love to forward it once again to the readers of my blog!I did not meant it in an offensive way or to provoke any smokers.. Its just that I myself do not smoke and if possible would love to "encourage" those smoker frens of mine to quit this bad habit! Of coz, life is a struggle at times and we need some way to release those stress out..

*


To my good friend who smoke,


I don't mind if you smoke .
It is your right, and I respect it.
It is your life , and it is your health that will suffer in the long run, anyway.
Moreover, it will be your family and loved ones who would be affected.

I do understand that you cannot live the day without smoking a stick or two or even a pack of cigarettes, for that matter. It is your money you waste, anyway.

But I do mind, friends, whenever you smoke around us non-smokers . Because I can't understand why you smoke so carelessly around us, like you don't respect our right to breathe clean air or the right for us to be non-smoker and stay healthy.

I know you like the smell and feel of your smoke, but maybe there are people around you who hate it.

We would like to respect your right to smoke because you are my friends. But can you also please respect my right too? My right to live a long and healthy life, with my loved ones and family.


Yours truly,

Your friend who would love to stay free from smokes and smokers ~

1 comment:

Thyda said...

Good post!

sometimes, ppl around smokers are more danger in health than smokers themselves.