Sunday, December 28, 2008

when.. my burmese blood calls on..

Some might not know, perhaps from the very Burmese.or Authentic-Asian-looking me, actually Dilo bear has a long Chinese heritage. Well, from paternal side; it would be 100% Chinese blood while there is a little tainted Burmese blood from maternal side. But whatever it is, my love for Burma (which is universally termed as Myanmar, still I rather this motherland of mine as Burma) is still growing strong. I don’t long for riches or wealth. Neither money nor gems appeal me. And education has neither destroyed my belief or desire to go back and help out my following countrymen.
To tell the truth, my love and strong desire to go back grows as the number of years I spent in this stressful and practical country of Singapore increase. I don’t know when and where this blood of mine calls for….
But if someone were to ask for my hand to grow old with him in his township, I would be more than willing to agree straight away.. and start packing for the journey. ..
Hee, so you see. Such is my strong passion…Anyway there are really..so so so much things to be done .. for the people, for the children, for the monks .. and most of all for the better of the motherland. ..
Well, I myself is a native of Bago(which is a small township, few kilometer away from the once prospering capital city of Yangon. I love Bago. For its smallness. For the pagodas. For the people. For the bustling crowds near the Train station…
When I was young, at a very tender age, I have been to Hin-thar-dah township when my mother was posted to teach at their local university for a year. Those were the happiest moments of my life. I found country side appealing and the honesty of the locals very attractive. From that time onwards, at such young age, I vowed myself to marry the local or if fate allows, would like to spend some part of my life there. Those moments I wish to paint out in words..but they are simply..beyond what I could ever describe. ….>>those happy moments with the sis..i can call as my own..in teh campus of Hin-thar-dah Colleage<<

Subsequently, I got the chance to visit Shan state which includes Inlay and Taungyi some years back. That experience was what I would like to
I believe somehow somewhen..i would be ..dear motherland..and take resident at your site..please believe me..
...Even though its a very slim chance..and I might never get to settle down with any local burmese boy..still..I will come..please wait for me..cause I believe that..somehow..we will be united..once again..my beloved Hin-thar-dah..my beloved Bago..my motherland..Burma....

2 comments:

Alvin S. C. Lee said...

Myanmar or Burma is not my motherland, yet I am strongly drawn to it as well. Some things are hard to explain in logical reasoning.

Haha, I'm already blissfully married in Singapore so I cannot be hoping for a burmese lady in any township there to 'request for my hand'... that's unthinkable in the culture.

In my case, you can say something like "when.. my burmese spirit calls on.."

BroE said...

So great to know that you love Burma that much!