Monday, September 3, 2007

Aftermath of the so-called-biggest-IT-Fair

Aftermath of the IT Show at Suntec City which lasted for four long days, all that was left were piles and piles of pamphlets lying in the rubbish bins or stacked up in boxes at the corners or scattered on the floors. Aren’t such scenes portraying a simple waste of resources? With the constant reminder and urgent call on humans to conserve natural resources, help the planet by doing a part to lessen the global warming effects, shouldn’t we be playing our parts instead of destroying more tress by wasting papers unnecessarily? Such sheer waste!
I was thinking since it was a PC show, why can’t these buyers - -“IT-guys” view the pamphlets electronically? Also, with so many sales persons stationed at each booth or stall, I supposed its better than looking at the piece of paper on which prices and items were listed.
I am really unsure if my views were a little over extreme, but what I am saying regarding to this twice-a-year-IT-fair comes from my own point of view..nothing personal and not very critical I supposed... hoat? :P
Perhaps because I have such “allergy” to such IT stuffs, that was why I am more opinionated against them…hee.
But whatever it is, I will and shall feedback to the concerned organization on such extravagant use of papers..
So how about you? What do you think?

No comments: